Here I provide very important biology general knowledge questions and answer. Which is every student should know this.
Table of Contents
Biology General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Polio shots are an example of what type of disease control?
a) Drug Treatment
b) Gene Therapy
2. Study of life in sea and ocean is called?
a) Marine biology
b) Sea biology
3. Kidney is an example of?
c) Cellular System
4. Biotechnology deals with which of the following?
a) Use of living organisms in various processes
b) Study of protozoa
5. Which of the following has the highest number of known species?
6. Which of the following is the most abundant element in the human body?
7. The number of commonly occurring bio elements is?
8. Jigambu is a strange viral infection. Which of the following treatment/ prevention would you recommend against Jigambu?
b) Radio Therapy
9. Morphology is a sub-branch of which of the following?
a) Human biology
10. Pasteurization technique is widely used for prevention of:
b) Milk Product
Biology General Knowledge Questions on Cell
1. As per early cell theorists, which of the following was not a basic part of the cell?
c) Plasma Membrane
d) Cell Wall
2. A chromosome is composed of which of the following?
a) DNA only
b) DNA and RNA
c) DNA, RNA, and proteins
d) DNA and proteins
3. Cell membrane takes in materials by unfolding through a process called?
a) Active transport
b) Passive Transport
c) Selective Permittivity
These are some basic biology General Knowledge questions and answers which is most important for students.
4. Animal and plant cells are distinguished by which of the following features?
b) Cell Wall
d) Golgi apparatus.
5.Which of the following organelle is responsible for the manufacture and supply of energy to the cell?
6. How many types of tumors are there?
7. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a benign tumor?
a) They are of small size
b) They are encapsulated
c) The undergo metastasis
d) They have a little deleterious effect
8. How many sets of microtubules arise from each pair of centriole during karyokinesis?
9. The most critical phase of mitosis which ensures equal distribution of chromatids in daughter cell is:
10. Plasma membrane is chemically composed of:
a) Lipids and proteins
b) Lipids and carbohydrates
c) Phospholipids only
Biology General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Enzymes
1. All coenzymes are derived from?
d) Metal ions
2. If the detachable co-factor is an inorganic ion then it is designated as:
b) Prosthetic group
3. Which molecular structure of the enzyme is essential for the activity of the enzyme?
a) Quaternary Structure
b) Primary Structure
c) Secondary Structure
d) Tertiary Structure
4. Active site of an enzyme has how many definite regions?
5. Enzymes are primarily?
d) None of the above
6. Some enzymes require a nonprotein part for their efficient functioning. This helper non-protein part is called:
c) Prosthetic group
7. The enzymes which act as molecular scissors in recombinant technology are:
d) All of the above
8. An enzyme and substrate react through a special feature or site present on an enzyme known as?
a) Building site
b) Catalytic site
c) Active site
d) Inhibition site
9. The type of inhibition in which inhibitors have no structural similarity to the substrate and combine with the enzyme at other than the active site are called?
a) Irreversible inhibitors
b) Reversible inhibitors
c) Competitive inhibitors
d) Non-competitive inhibitors
10. The competitive inhibitors have structural similarity with?
c) Prothetic group
Biology General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Biological Molecules
1. The functional group -COOH is classified as?
d) Depends on the rest of the structure of the molecules
2. Which of the following biological molecule is the richest source of energy? (Comparing gram to gram)
3. Peptide bonds are found in which of the following?
d) Inorganic compounds
4. Electrolytes that release hydrogen ions in water are called?
5. The branch of biology that deals with the study of inorganic and organic molecules that make up the body of living organism are called?
6. The most abundant carbohydrate in nature is?
7. The sum of all the chemical reaction that occurs in the body is known as?
8. When a protein undergoes a hydrolysis reaction the end of products is?
a) Amino acids
c) Fatty acids
9. The primary structure of the protein is the?
a) Twisting and turning of the polypeptide
b) Number and sequence of amino acids in the protein molecule
c) Specific orientation of polypeptide in space
d) Both A and B
10. Which of the following is an unsaturated fatty acid?
a) Oleic acid
b) Acetic acid
c) Palmitic acid
d) Butyric acid
Biological General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Digestion
1. Which structure is responsible for the ingestion of food in the case of amoeba?
2. Villi are found on the inner surface of?
d) Small Intestine
3. Which structure is responsible for the velvety appearance of the ileum?
c) Epithelial folds
d) Muscle layers
4. Which group of animals has teeth structurally and functionally intermediate between the extremes of specialization?
d) Macrophagous feeders
5. Which component of food is digested by the pancreatic secretion?
d) All of the above
6. What happens in the 1st phase of digestion in amoeba?
b) Softening and killing
c) Breakdown into smaller components
7. How many principle layers are present in the human stomach wall?
8. In the large intestine vitamin k is formed by the activity of:
a) Obligate bacteria
b) Parasitic bacteria
c) Symbiotic bacteria
d) Facultative bacteria
9. What kind of nutrition is seen in Puccinia?
10. Which of the following is the last part of the small intestine?
Biology General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Immunity
1. Mucous membranes are part of the body defense system and they offer
a) Mechanical barrier
b) Physical barrier
c) Chemical barrier
d) Biological barriers
2. What is the primary functions of vaccination?
a) Treat a disease
b) Strengthen phagocytes
c) Develop immunity against a disease
d) All of the above
3. In passive immunity which of the following components is injected into the blood?
4. AIDs is caused by which of the following?
5. How many types are immunity are there?
6.Treatment by using attenuated cultures of bacteria is called
7. Antigen is a foreign protein or any other molecules which stimulate the formation of:
a) MHC complex
8. Antibodies are present against invading cells by:
9. Is passive immunity which of the following components are injected into the body?
10. Which part of the antibody recognizes the antigen during the immune response?
a) Heavy part
b) Light part
c) Constant part
d) variable part
These are some of the Biology General Knowledge questions and answers list especially for you. If you any doubt related to this ask me in the comment section.