Here I provide the basic 30+ Chemistry General Knowledge questions and answers which will help you in your exams…
Table of Contents
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Movement of a gas through a small opening to a region of low pressure is known as?
2. Diamond and graphite are:
a) Are isotopes
b) Are allotropes
c) Are equal hard
3. How many types of crystal systems are there?
4. Existence of an element in more than one crystalline form is known as?
5. Which solid is generally the hardest one?
a) Covalent solids
b) Molecular solids
c) Metallic solids
6. Macroscopically plasma is?
7. In the oxidation process the oxidation number of the element:
c) Does not change
8. The metallic conductors in contact with the solution are called:
9. Fuel cells are the means by which chemical energy may be converted info:
a) Electrical energy
b) Magnetic energy
c) Sound energy
10. An electrochemical cell is based upon:
a) Acid-base reaction
b) Redox reaction
c) Nuclear reaction
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Solid, Liquid, and Gases
1. Which of the following intermolecular forces are present in the water molecules?
a) Dipole-dipole forces
b) Dipole induced dipole forces
c) Ion dipole forces
d) London dispersion
2. Movement of a gas through a small opening to a region of low pressure is known as?
3. Diamonds and graphite are:
a) Are isotopes
b) Are allotropes
c) Have the same structure
d) Are equally hard
4. How many types of crystal systems are there?
5. Isomorphism and polymorphism are associated with what kind of crystalline solids?
6. Liquid crystal state exists between which of the following temperatures?
a) melting temperature and clearing temperature.
b) melting temperature and solidifying temperature
c) Melting temperature and boiling temperature
d) Melting temperature and liquid crystal temperature.
7. Cleavage planes are the property of which of the following?
a) Amorphous solids
b) Crystalline solids
d) Organic compounds
8. Hydrobons do not dissolve in water because?
a) They have hydrogen in them.
b) They are polar compounds.
c) They are non-polar compounds
d) Four electrons in the outer shell of carbon reduces its solubility.
9. Existence of an element in more than one crystalline form is known as?
10. Which solid is generally the hardest one?
a) Ionic solid
b) Metallic solid
c) Molecular solids
d) Covalent solids
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Atomic Structure
1. When the pressure in a discharge tube is reduced, which of the following phenomenon becomes very prominent.
b0 C) Conduction
c) A discharge is produced
d) Glow is decreased
2. Number of protons 33 Number of neutrons 42 number of electrons 33 the element containing these is?
3. The dispersion of the components of white light when it is passed through a prism is called:
d) Light Emission
4. Splitting of spectral lines when atoms are subjected to the strong magnetic field is called?
a) Photoelectric effect
b) Compton effect
c) Stark effect
d) Zeeman effect
5. With increases in the value of principal quantum number ‘n’, the shape of ‘s’ orbital remains the same although their sizes:
c) Remain Same
d) May or may not remain the same.
6. Who discovered neutrons?
d) E. Goldstein
7. Alpha particles are identical to?
a) Hydrogen atoms
b) Helium atoms
c) Fast-moving electrons
d) Fast-moving neutrons
8. The proton is heavier than an electron by how many times?
9. An atom has a mass number of 23 and an atomic number of 11. The number of protons is?
10. Maximum number of electrons in 4f orbitals is?
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Macro Molecules
1. The molecular weight of glyceroltripalmitate is?
2. Which of the following polymer is used in the manufacture of food containers, cosmetic bottles, toys, and packing materials?
a) Polyvinyl chloride
d) Polyester resins
3. Polymers are divided into how many types based on their thermal properties?
4. Which of the following polymer cannot be remolded again and again by heating?
a) Thermoplastic polymer
b) Thermosetting polymer
c) Both of these
d) None of these
5. Lactose is also called?
a) Cane sugar
c) Milk Sugar
d) Grape Sugar
6. Which of these polymers is a synthetic polymer?
a) Animal fat
7. Which one of the following is not a monosaccharide?
8. A polymeric substance that is formed in the liquid state and then hardened to a rigid solid is called a ____?
d) Polyamide resin
9. Which of the following are the most abundant biomolecules on earth?
10. Among the most common disaccharide, which one of the following is present in milk?
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Carboxylic & Amino Acids
1. The dilute solution of Acetic acid is called ________?
b) Methylated spirit
2. Butyric acid was named after butyram which means ________?
3. Acetamide is formed by dehydration of?
a) Oxalic acid
b) Ethanoic acid
c) Butanoic acid
d) Propanoic acid
4. Which of the functional groups is present in Carboxylic acids?
a) -OH group
b) -CHO group
d) -COOH group
5. At what temperature pure acetic acid freezes to an ice-like solid and is called Glacial acetic acid?
a) 15 c
b) 16 c
c) 17 c
d) 18 c
6. A nano peptide contains how many peptide linkages?
7. Which of the following methods is not used for the general preparation of Carboxylic acids?
a) By the oxidation of primary alcohols
b) From Grignard reagent
c) By the distillation of calcium acetate
d) By the hydrolysis of esters
8. Which of the following process is used for the preparation of amino acids?
a) Wurtz fitting reaction
b) Grignard reaction
c) Cannizzaro’s reaction
d) Strecker synthesis
9. The common name of propane 1 3-dioic is:
a) Oxalic acid
b) Aromatic acid
c) Malonic acid
d) Fumaric acid
10. Which of the following two functional groups combine to form a carboxylic group?
a) Hydroxyl and Alcoholic group
b) Carbonyl and phenolic
c) Carbonyl and Hydroxyl
d) Aldehydic and Carbonyl
Chemistry General Knowledge Questions and Answers on Hydrocarbons
1. The possibility of different pairing schemes of valence electrons of atoms are called?
a) Pauli’s exclusion principle
b) Auf bau principle
d) Hund’s rule
2. Acylation of benzene to produce aliphatic-aromatic ketones is known as?
a) Clemmensen reduction
c) Benzoin condensation
d) Friedel-Craft’s reaction.
3. The shape of benzene molecules is?
a) Planar trigonal
c) Plane hexagonal
4. Formation of ethylene bromide is an example of?
a) Spontaneous reaction
b) Elimination reaction
c) Substitution reaction
d) Addition reaction
5. Which of the following species has carbon atom as negatively charged?
b) Carbonium ion
d) Free radical
6. Which of the following product is product on the dehydration of alcohols?
7. Which of the following compound has acidic hydrogen?
8.Benzene cannot undergo which of the following reaction?
a) Elimination reaction
b) Addition reaction
c) Oxidation reaction
d) Substitution reaction
9. Which of the following compounds is the most reactive?
10. Ammonical solution of silver nitrate reacts with which of the following to give while precipitates?
These are some of our selected chemistry General Knowledge questions and answers. hope you are clear with this!