Here I provide Basic Mathematics General Knowledge which will help to clear your basic on Arithmetic, Average, Time and work, Discount…
Table of Contents
Basic Mathematics General Knowledge
1. The speed at which a man can row a boat in still water is 15 Kmph. If the rows downstream, where the speed of the current is 3 Kmph, what time will he take to cover 60 meters?
a) 10 Seconds
b) 15 Seconds
c) 20 Seconds
d) 12 Seconds
2. A boat rowed downstream at 15.5km/hr and upstream at 8.5 km/hr. The speed of the stream is _______?
a) 3.5 km/hr
b) 5.75 km/hr
c) 6.5 km/hr
d) 7 Km/hr
3. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 Kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to the starting point in 2 hours, then finds the speed of the boat in still water?
a) 10 Kmph
b) 21 Kmph
c) 8 Kmph
d) 12 Kmph
4. A boat can move upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, then the speed of the current is____________?
a) 5 kmph
b) 10 kmph
c) 30 kmph
d) 15 kmph
5. If a man rows at the rate of 5 Kmph in still water and his rate against the current is 3.5 Kmph. Then the man’s rate along the current is _____?
a) 4.25 Kmph
b) 6 Kmph
c) 6.5 Kmph
d) 8.5 Kmph
6. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
a) 5 Kmph
b) 6 Kmph
c) 7 Kmph
d) 8 Kmph
7. A man whose speed is 4.5 Kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and back to the starting point and back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 Kmph, find his average speed for the total journey?
a) 8 Kmph
b) 4 Kmph
c) 2 Kmph
d) 10 Kmph
8. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is the speed of the current?
a) 3 Kmph
b) 1.5 Kmph
c) 13 Kmph
d) 6.5 Kmph
9. A boat can move upstream at 25 Kmph and downstream at 35 Kmph, then the speed of the current is ____________?
a) 5 Kmph
b) 10 Kmph
c) 30 Kmph
d) 15 Kmph
10. A man can row with a speed of 15 Kmph in still water. if the stream flows at 5 Kmph, then the speed downstream is _________?
a) 10 Kmph
b) 5 Kmph
c) 20 Kmph
d) 22 Kmph
These are some basics Mathematics General Knowledge. Now you can check your knowledge of some different math knowledge means, Arithmetic, discount and some more…..
Arithmetic Mathematics General Knowledge
If you love arithmetic General Knowledge on Mathematics here are the best 10 questions where you how much you are clear with your arithmetic basics.
1. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What are the last numbers?
2. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th Observation?
3. The average of the first five prime numbers greater than 20 is ________?
4. A batsman in his 17th inning makes a score of 85 and thereby increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17th innings?
5. Nine men went to the hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
a) Rs 29.25
b) Rs 30.25
c) Rs 32
d) Rs 35
6. The average of five results is 46 and that of the first four is 45. The fifth result is ___________?
7. The average of 11 results is 50 if the average of the first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. Find the sixth result?
8. Find the average of the first 20 natural numbers?
9. The average of 13 numbers is 60. The average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
10. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
Average Mathematics General Knowledge
If you love Average Mathematics General Knowledge here are the best 10 questions where you how much you are clear with your average basics.
1. The average of two numbers is XY. If one number is equal to X, the other number is equal to _________?
d) 2 XY -2 X
2. The average weight of A, B, and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 Kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is ________?
a) 17 Kg
b) 20 Kg
c) 26 Kg
d) 31 Kg
3. A person travels from x to y at a speed of 40 km/h and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both trips?
4. The average age of a husband, wife ad their child 3years ago was 27 years and that of a wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is________?
5. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, thereby increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is _________?
a) 48 runs
b) 52 runs
c) 55 runs
d) 60 runs
6. The average weight of A, B, and C is 45kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is ______?
a) 17 kg
b) 20 kg
c) 26 kg
d) 31 kg
7. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is _________?
8. The average runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next inning to increase his average of runs by 4?
9. The average age of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of the remaining 14 students?
a) 15 years
b) 17 years
c) 18 years
d) 19 years
10. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is _________?
Time and Work Mathematics General Knowledge
If you love Time and Work Mathematics General Knowledge here are the best 10 questions where you how much you are clear with your Time and Work basics.
1. A is thrice as good as B in work. A can finish a job in 60 days less than B. They can finish the work in ______ days if they work together.
a) 18 days
b) 22 1/2 days
c) 24 days
d) 26 days
2. A, B, and C together earn Rs 150 per day while A and C together earn Rs 94, and B and C together earn Rs 76. The daily earning of C is: ______?
a) 10 Rs
b) 15 Rs
c) 20 Rs
d) 25 Rs
3. If 3 men or 4 women can construct a wall in 43 days, then the numbers of days that 7 men and 5 women take to construct it is:
a) 12 days
b) 14 days
c) 16 days
d) 18 days
4. If 6 me can make 10 sofas in 2 days, then 8 men can make 8 sofas in _______?
a) 1.8 days
b) 1.5 days
c) 1.2 days
d) 1 day
5. If 10 workers can make 10 tables in 10 days, then how many days would it take for 5 workers to make 5 tables?
6. If 6 men take 9 days to complete a work, how many men can complete the work in 3 days?
a) 2 men
b) 12 men
c) 9 men
d) 18 men
7. A is thrice as good a workman as B and takes 10 days less to do a piece of work than B takes. B can do the work in: ________?
a) 15 days
b) 14 days
c) 16 days
d) 30 days
8. 15 men can build a 500m long wall in 30 days. In how many days can 30 men build a 1.2 km long wall?
a) 48 days
b) 24 days
c) 40 days
d) 36 days
9. If 8 men can finish a work in 15 days, 21 men can finish the same work in ____?
a) 24 days
b) 14 days
c) 15 days
d) 20 days
10. 8 men can dig a pit in 20 days. If a man works half as much again as a boy, then 4 men and 9 boys can dig a similar pit in _______?
a) 12 days
b) 16 days
c) 18 days
d) 20 days
Discount Mathematics General Knowledge
If you love Discount Mathematics General Knowledge here are the best 10 questions where you how much you are clear with your discount basics.
1. A shopkeeper earns a profit of 10% after allowing a discount of 20% on the marked price. The cost price of the article whose marked price. is Rs880 is = _________?
2. A shopkeeper marks his goods 20% above cost price but allows a 30% discount for cash payment. His net loss is?
3. A tradesman marks his goods 10% above his cost price. If he allows his customers a 10% discount on the marked price. how much profit or loss does he make if any?
a) 1% gain
b) 1% loss
c) 5% gain
d) No gain no loss
4. If the true discount on s sum due 2 years hence at 14% per annum be Rs 168, the sum due is: _______?
5. The present worth of Rs 1404 due in two equal half-year installments at 8% per annum simple interest is:
a) Rs 1325
b) Rs 1300
c) Rs 1650
d) Rs 1500
6. The simple interest and the true discount on a certain sum for a given time and at a given rate are Rs 85 and Rs 80 respectively. the sum is: ______?
a) Rs 1800
b) Rs 1450
c) Rs 1360
d) Rs 6800
7. The interest on Rs 750 for 2 years is the same as the true discount on Rs 960 due 2 years hence. If the rate of interest is the same in both cases, it is:
8. Rs 20 is the true discount on Rs 260 due after a certain time. What will be the true discount on the same sum due after half of the former time, the rate of interest being the same?
a) Rs 10
b) Rs 10.40
c) Rs 15.20
d) Rs 13
9. The true discount on Rs 1760 due after a certain time at 12% per annum is Rs 160. The time after which it is due is:
a) 6 months
b) 8 Months
c) 9 Months
d) 10 Months
10. A man buys a watch for Rs 1950 in cash and sells it for Rs 2200 at a credit of 1 year. If the rate of interest is 10% per annum, the man:
a) gains Rs 55
b) gains Rs 50
c) losses Rs 30
d) gains Rs 30
Hope you love this article on General Knowledge on mathematics. If you have any doubt related to these queries ask me in the comment section.